Thursday, January 21, 2010

Macadamia is good too . . .

I have a friend who is thinking of throwing a party because Republican Scott Brown won the Massachusetts Senatorial race. Another cause my friend champions is the medical treatment of children with cancer.

I doubt my friend knows much about Scott Brown except that his may be the vote that kills health reform.

I wonder if my friend is still worried about the sick children. It's gonna take a lot of bake sales to do much good.

My friend was not aware that Massachusetts has a good state administered health insurance system. Scott Brown does not believe the people of Massachusetts should have to pay more taxes to take care of the rest of the country, since they have taken steps to care for themselves.

Wow. I hope that kind of thinking doesn't catch on. If we in Alabama wake up tomorrow and learn that the rest of the states are no longer going to take care of us, we might as well call in sick, but do it quickly, because neither the phone system nor your job will likely survive very long if our federal aid fix is taken from us cold turkey. Hopefully you won't really be sick, cause our health care system would be on life support as well. But I digress.

No one knows what will happen with health care reform.

But if you are one who is giddy about the possibility that it is dead, what now?

I hear chocolate chip is always popular.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics