Monday, May 5, 2008

Post-wedding remarks. . .

I went to a wedding this weekend that, when it was time to leave, I was not quite ready. I suppose I could psychoanalyze myself (I am lying on my couch) and speculate that my desire to stay awhile at the wedding resulted from the realization that my little boy is now a married man, so, what does that say about me?

No doubt that is true, but it's not what I'm talking about right now.

It was just a good time. For weeks before the wedding through the time they got in the car to leave the Garbonza Manor, Benjamin and Kate created a comfortable, fun, loving environment for the rest of us as they allowed us to join them in their adventure.

They made fun all the stuff that so many find so stressful. Neither shopping, nor parties, nor invitations, nor photographs, nor threat of tornadoes dampened their joy. And to be with them was to be included in their joy. It is a good place.

Of course that good place will soon be in Denver. But, that's OK. It just feels good to know that there is such a good place, and that Benjamin and Kate are there.

2 comments :

  1. praise God :) Isn't change the weirdest thing? Someday when God and I have some time together and my existence allows me to understand complex things without my head exploding, I can't wait to see us the way he sees us. I think that weird bittersweet feeling we get in moments of extreme happiness has something to do with the gnawing thought that you wish you could stay there forever...well, in time, there, forever.

    I'm thankful that it went well and they laughed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics