Monday, August 24, 2009

Dr. John (Mac Rebennack) said it best in 1973. . .

I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing
But I must have used the wrong line
I'd a took the right road
But I must have took a wrong turn
Would have made the right move
But I made it at the wrong time
I been on the right road
But I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a good place
And I wonder what it's bad for . . .

Well that was fun.

The posts on health insurance and toting guns to presidential town hall meetings generated some commentary.

A long-time friend sent me a message on facebook about the health care reform act. She has been a nurse for seven or eight years now, since she and I graduated from high school. She is against the government getting involved any further because so much time is already being required for paperwork under existing regulations. She fears the new act will add greatly to that burden and inhibit further the delivery of health care. Now that's the kind of concern I can understand. More inefficiency should not be part of the solution. I am going to find out if the present reform act addresses this problem in any way. If it doesn't, it should.

As far as the second amendment post, the responses were revealing. I never denied the second amendment's' validity, or the present right of the individual to own weapons. I was simply trying to point out that the few people who treat such rights in a frivolous manner jeapordize the enjoyment and exercise of those rights by those who act responsibly.

Comments are good. Listening is good. Keep them coming.

There are at least three things I am certain of. The first is that I am not right all the time. The second is, neither are you. The third is that none of us can know for certain when we are right and when we are wrong.

That makes what you say pretty important to me. Unless I am wrong about that. If you think I am, let me know.


.

3 comments :

  1. That is the most liberal post I ever saw. Only a dang liberal would show that kind of flip floppin spineless doubt and uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ". . . none of us can know for certain when we are right and when we are wrong?"

    Are you saying all truth is relevant? If so, I disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes anonymous of 4:45 I do believe that truth is relevant, and I imagine you really do too, despite your disagreement.

    What you probably meant to ask is whether I believe that truth is relative. I believe there are absolute truths. I just am not as confident as some in our ability to know those truths and understand how they work in our world.

    Your interpretation of the quoted phrase is very revealing. I never questioned truth. It is what it is. I just questioned us.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics