Monday, February 14, 2011

Swing your partner, do-si-do . . .

I just ate one-half a box of girl scout cookies and a quart of milk. It began as just two cookies, but there is some evil ingredient in the do-si-dos that ensnares me in their peanut buttery crunchiness.

So now I'm feeling badly. My stomach is distended and my guilt is expanded. But why feel guilty? I bought them from girl scouts, for heavens sake. How bad can they be? Is it so wrong to enjoy a bit of life while giving to charity?

Which brings me to the question, what is life all about after all?

I think it is like a game of computer solitaire. For generations and generations new hands are dealt. Some generations do very well, others not so well. But each plays the hand as best they can.

But a generation will come that will do it all. All the cards will fall in place and boom!! the stacks of cards will explode and bounce in a triumphant dance because the game has been won as the combination of player and cards was finally perfect.

What is in those cookies, anyway?

.

1 comment :

Real Time Analytics