Saturday, November 15, 2008

I see a bad mood arising . . .

Saturday morning again. For some reason I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep. The weather turned wintry since last night. According to the weather folk it won't get warmer today than it is right now. So I think maybe that is why I awoke early. Or maybe it was that little bird that has been tapping, gently rapping on my chamber window the last two mornings at dawn. I love all Saturday mornings, but especially the cold ones in autumn, when the hardiest leaves still hold on, waiting for us to rake our yards, and then let go. The kind of morning that moves slowly as you finally get out of bed and walk through the cool house to the coffee pot and get it started and then get back in bed. The kind of morning that cries out for eggs, sausage and toast and more coffee.

I had oatmeal instead. That's much more practical. So I better put on my practical clothes and get to work on my to do list. It' silly to waste a good Saturday morning just sitting around, drinking coffee and dreaming.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics