Thursday, May 7, 2009

Freedom of choice?

As I have mentioned in past posts, I occasionally am guilty of getting all het up. You may have sensed that I have been a bit het up the past few days about big issues, like social injustice, torture, religion and politics. And I hope to get even more het up.

But it is important to keep balance.

So in being consumed by the big picture, I have neglected some of the smaller things. I ran out of a few essentials and was forced to make a late night run to the evil empire, also known around these parts as wal-marks. I don't know why so many people call it wall-marks. The big sign says Wal-Mart. I think it is the same reason that people I went to elementary school with called vomit, vomick. Although in their defense there was no big lighted sign prompting the correct pronunciation. There was an inordinate amount of vomick in elementary school. In fact I threw up the very first day of first grade, right there next to Kay or Carol. I hope they don't remember. Or at least they don't remember that it was me. But I digress.

I needed toothpaste. I should have packed some snacks and water. Rows and rows of toothpaste, all claiming to do important things, but apparently none doing all things. Do I want healthy gums, whiter teeth, tartar protection, sparkly breath, fewer cavities, lower sensitivity, stronger enamel, less plaque, coffee, tobacco and wine stain protection? Do I want a tube? If so, what size? Or do I want one of those things that isn't a tube? Do i want all natural toothpaste ? (makes me wonder about the rest of the unnatural toothpastes.) Do I want baking powder toothpaste? Or is that baking soda? It was overwhelming. i stood and stared, paralyzed.

I bought the 97 cent travel tube of Crest. Thank God I don't need a new toothbrush.

Then I went around the corner and found the deodorant section.

I decided to get it tomorrow. Need to do some on-line research before I make that decision.

Back to thinking about social injustice, torture, religion and politics. I could use the rest.

.

2 comments :

  1. Does this mean you aren't wearing deodorant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You planning on being around many people during this time of research and exploration?

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics