Friday, July 3, 2009

Obligatory Saturday report

It is already Saturday morning again. I have Starbuck's coffee, a latte actually, and I am sitting on the airport floor in Frankfurt, Germany.

I am on my way back from a trip to Latvia with several friends. We had many adventures which I hope to blog about in the week ahead. I took notes, but internet access was not common where we travelled.

A funny thing happens to me when I go far away from home, to a place where things are a little slower and the language is foreign. I tend to create a fantasy that the world has also become slower, that the problems aren't so big (when I can't see them on the news channel 24/7), and that when I come home things will somehow be better than when I left.

Here it is 6:00 a.m. in Frankfurt and I have already learned that none of my fantasies are true. But it was good to be able to pretend for awhile.

I promise to be more uplifting the next few days. Some pretty amazing and funny stuff happened on this trip. But for now I am exhausted, sad, and sitting on a cold floor in the airport in Frankfurt, Germany. Cut me some slack.

.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics