Monday, January 9, 2012

It is time . . .RTR

I was a bit late taking a lunch break today, heading the Prius down main street Oneonta around 12:30 to fetch me some loaded potato soup and a toasted pimento cheese from Downtown Diner.

There was no one in town.  I thought I saw a tumbleweed roll down 3rd Street.

The crew at  Downtown Diner was on duty serving the two or three of us that showed up for lunch, but main street was deserted.  Roll Tides were exchanged as I left the Diner and headed back to the office.

Two afternoon appointments cancelled.

After I left the office I stopped by Walmart on the way home.  That's where everbody was.

Getting ready.

For the game.

As most of us have been all day, even when we were doing other things.  At the courthouse today settlement negotiations would drift into Championship game predictions.  Pregame analysis.  Snack and drink menus.

Game faces were being put on.

There are important things going on in the world that need discussing. But not right now.

It's time for the national anthem. . .

.


1 comment :

  1. I'm ready to hear you sing that anthem. And your alma mater's school anthem. RTR.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics