Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thurvey 6/16/2011

It is hard to believe that only a week has passed since the last Thurvey (Thursday survey) was taken. Our staff is still compiling the comment that was received on that one.

In these few days between Flag Day (June 14th) and July 4th (4th of July), let me encourage you to exercise that most cherished American right, the first amendment freedom of speech, by responding to the Thurvey. It is the patriotic thing to do. We'll see who are real Americans. Or you may want to exercise that other cherished freedom found in the 5th Amendment, the right not to speak. If you choose to comment, it is easy. Click on comment below and follow the instructions. If you comment on facebook that is okay, but the entire world wide web will not get the benefit of your wisdom. Answer any or all.

#1 Much of the disagreement about the Alabama immigration act seems to come from what people believe to be priorities, e.g. security, economy, religious, justice, etc. What priority do you base your opinion about the immigration law upon? Explain if you wish.

#2 Musical Question of the Day (New feature of the Thurvey out for a test run) Answer, if you can, that probing question posed by the Bee Gees in 1971: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?

#3 Other than hunkering down in an air conditioned room, what is your favorite way to beat the heat of this summer?

#4 What question would you like answered? (Not just of the first three of today's Thurvey. This is your chance to have the whole world consider the thing that puzzles you)

Let freedom ring.

.

7 comments :

  1. 1. I hope I base all my opinions, including this one, on the age-old question WWJD?

    2. We'd make several millions if we could answer that one. I'd like to suggest you use Velvet Underground's Who loves the Sun? as your next musical question.

    3. Hit the water somewhere.

    4. I like your questions. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2: Traffic's Medicated Goo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I hope my opinion is based on common sense and decency. Obviously we can't ship millions of illegals back where they came from. First of all this country would cease to function. The jobs they do are the ones lazy Americans don't want. Tighten the border to stop new ones from coming and implement a program to register and track the ones already here. Make them prove they are employed, pay taxes, have car insurance, etc. After a certain amount of time let them apply for citizenship. If they have no job or a criminal background send them back where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I make all opinions and decisions under the influence of Jesus Christ. This particular opinion I also base on the icky meanness of those poopy-heads who wrote the law.

    2. The answer to this question comes from the immortal words of KC and the Sunshine Band. It's simple: Shake shake shake, shake your booty!!

    3. Sno-Biz!!! Unfortunately, there is not one anywhere near me, so I am currently looking for investors for a new, exciting shaved ice business venture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for #2, don't know how to mend a broken heart, but how can you stop the rain from pouring down?(or is it coming down)? I think I had a Beegees record one time but my younger brother took it off somewhere maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. This is a very hard question to answer. I have thought of WWJD, but nothing practical occurs to me. I guess my biggest problem with this whole issue is that these folks are here illegally. Maybe it's time for some kind of compromise that would allow folks who are self-sustaining to stay. Just saying...

    2. Defibrillator. Works for my husband.

    4. What compels people to do a TV interview right after a terrible personal tragedy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A severe accusation, anonymous accuser of your brother.
    Gordon Lightfoot, perhaps, Cat Stevens, maybe, but not the Bee Gees, hypothetically speaking.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics