Tuesday, September 2, 2008

McCainery

I was troubled when John McCain held his press conference explaining that upon his request the Republican convention would be delayed, or possibly cancelled, in order to not distract the nation from the potential disaster of Gustav. It seemed obviously political, unless the folks from the convention were going to go down and stack sandbags or man shelters. That didn't happen.


Then to be fair I did a little research as to what acts of mercy and sacrifice McCain carried out during Katrina, a bullet which New Orleans did not dodge. I found my answer quickly. To be honest, it was the first thing I found, so the results are not exhaustive. But, I found it on an extremely reliable source. The White House photograph website. I didn't know there was such a thing but there is.


W surprising McCain with a birthday cake in Phoenix immediately before a fundraiser at a local country club. It was McCain's 69th birthday, August 29, 2008.




Earlier that morning, about 7:00 eastern time, several hours before this photo was taken, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana just south of the City of New Orleans.

What a jerk.


P.S. I have now done a little more research. It turns out my idea was not original and was done much better by Huffington Post. Go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/24/mccain-and-katrina-ravage_n_98470.html

The jerk part was mine.

1 comment :

  1. White House photos. Fair and objective reporting! They would never lie to us.

    I wish many millions would read this post. I'll get to work on that.

    Meanwhile, you are very talented at calling a jerk a jerk.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics