Monday, January 5, 2009

All hail the power . . .let angels prostate fall . . .

That last post was a bit troublesome I've been told. A couple of phone calls and an email or two gently inquiring about my stability were welcome. It is not that difficult to write about everyone else's politics or religion, nor is it a problem to recount some amusing happening, even if I am the butt of the joke. But sometimes I just need to admit that I am about as untogether as a person can get. It is helpful for me to publish that to the world for some reason. But I've been assured that its going to be alright. Just needed to whine a bit. So thank you for being the whinees this time around. From now on I'll put a whiny label on the title, and you don't have to read it if you're not in the mood. Also, if any of you need to whine and you don't have your own blog, feel free to whine at any time as a comment to any post. And I am pretty sure God understands me quite well and tolerates these outbursts. Actually I am pretty sure He uses them to instruct me. At least I hope so.

So let's look for brighter news.

I acted like an adult today. Went to the doctor for the first of a series of visits to get myself checked out. I've been feeling great lately (physically, that is), so I felt like it was the optimum time for a check-up. The last time I had a check-up the doctor arrived at the house in a buggy with a black bag in hand and a tank of leaches. So I suppose it was about time. My new doctor thought so too. The good thing about not going to the doctor often is there are very few pesky medical records for the new doctor to peruse. A clean slate for him to work with. And what is the first thing that the doctor wants to write on that clean slate for a fifty something male?

The doctor was extremely complimentary of my prostate. At least that awkward moment while I was picking my composure off the floor was made victorious as he practically gushed about what good shape that odd little gland is in. Now wasn't that better than that last whiny post?

After such a successeful late afternoon I naturally motored over to O'henrys for a coffee. It was dark and raining, so sitting in the coffee shop and sipping the hot brew was really nice. I considered sharing my good prostate news with the crowd gathered there, but most of them were studying or reading, so I just kept it to myself and pondered it in my heart. During the ride home I caught up with Vann, who is happy to be back at Vanderbilt, and talked with another friend who had heard of the last post, but made me laugh about it. A good sign.

An award winning prostate, hot coffee, happy children, and friends that make you laugh. Life, even while the pain still lingers, is not all bad. And yes, God is good.

.

2 comments :

  1. LMAO!!!! Not quite what I expected when I read this post but ummmm glad your prostate is in good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay,Maybe I prefer the whiny blog over hearing about your prostate. Glad you are healthy though.
    Deb S.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics