Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine shopping follow up . . .

I had to put on some jeans and run to the evil empire to pick up some coffee. It was 7:30 a.m. Saturday. There were no less than twenty men and boys milling around the Valentine's card and candy sections, and the Valentines stuff had not been marked down yet. True love.

I stopped for gas yesterday at Mark's. For those of you who were not aware until my apparently eye opening post last time out, here are a couple of photos.


Mark's convenience store had a wider selection than displayed here, but this display rack was representative. There were stuffed animals, key chains, dolls, and jewelry. You can see the jewelry on the right.









I was about to take a picture of some convenience store roses charmingly displayed in a cardboard box. As I moved closer I discovered these were no ordinary roses. In fact they were not roses at all. Apparently they were not big sellers, which is a tribute to Mark's customers.

Enough of that. I would just again remind you last minute romantics to pay at the pump today and avoid going inside the convenience store. Convenience should not be the primary criteria for the expression of true love.

/

No comments :

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics